Hi everyone,

My name is Winky and I’m very excited to meet all of you (virtually). I major in Visual Arts, I’m taking this course because it helps me to manage my time and schedule more effectively and get to access to more information in a open learning space. Due to this pandemic Covid-19 situation, digital access has become key to our lives, I’m looking forward to knowing more about this topic!

I would describe myself as a visual learner, which means I usually process information that I can see (charts, diagram, maps etc) better than information that I hear. I find it easier to understand and remember things by sight. Moreover, I am a passive learner since I prefer listening to participant’s ideas during a group discussion. It is crucial to have a better understanding of digital privacy, security and FIPPA since it helps students to keep their private data safe. It is essential to know who is viewing our activities online and what they are doing with the information. Most importantly, it provides student a more reliable, secure and safer open learning environment.